- 8-10 oz. Triple Crème Brie (preferably round not wedge)
- 4 sheets Frozen Phyllo dough
- ½ cup melted butter (preferably unsalted)
- ¼ cup each chopped: dried apricot, dried cranberries, shelled pistachio nuts
- Melt butter in glass bowl
- Using pastry brush, lightly brush each sheet of phyllo dough, stack fanned cross-wise on top of each other
- Butter entire round of Brie (leave rind intact on brie but remove any wax coating)
- Place Brie in center of phyllo dough and pull 4 pieces from each side up and overlap slightly to make envelope of dough
- Using light touch, press all “seams” of dough smooth with fingers, brush entire package of phyllo wrapped brie with butter, bake on parchment paper lined cookie sheet in center of oven @ 375˚ 20 – 30 minutes until golden brown
- Remove to cooling rack. When cooled 5-10 minutes, brush top of brie with apricot jam and press in chopped apricots, cranberries & pistachio nuts.
Serve with thinly sliced baguettes or favorite mild cracker. Have fun with this recipe – try other fruit and nut toppings, such as crushed almonds and pomegranate, or substituting crisp, thin apple slices for crackers or baguettes. There are as many ways including savory flavors to make this your own.
Serve with a Côtes du Rhone or Champagne. This holiday season, P2P has served this recipe with guests’ choice of Domaine Roger Perrin Côtes du Rhone or Nicolas Feuillatte Champagne. Both are festive, made to enjoy with friends and food – especially French Brie.